God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen - Jars of Clay - listen now

Friday, April 27, 2007

Is This My "Big Chill" Moment? 'Cause If It Is, The Soundtrack Would Kinda Suck...

So I got back in touch today with a close friend from my life back in Mississippi. I've really missed Michael and am very glad we've reconnected. We, along with two other dear friends, rented a house together in Jackson for a couple of years before I moved to Atlanta. Good times were had by all, except maybe our landlord and a couple of neighbors. We had a party that is most likely still infamous Jackson. When the party starts at 8:00 and the Lesbians show up at 8:01 - already drunk - you know it's about to get crazy. Oh my... the stories Mikey could tell - so no one ask him!

Unfortunately it was a bittersweet conversation. While not the reason he looked me up (in fact it was sheer coincidence), Mikey had some bad news. Our friend K. (one of the roommates) passed away just last night after a long and complicated illness.

I'm very upset by that news, but for some reason emotion isn't following suit... I'm not sure why...? K. is the first member of my "peer group," someone I was close too, who has died. I wonder if that's part of it? I remember the last time I saw K. when I visited New Orleans - more than a decade ago. He looked very sad, and at the time I guess I did too, but we ended up laughing about a lot of things - good and bad - and we had fun. So K. - keep having fun and don't let them get too "high-brow" on you over there.

1 comments:

Anonymous 5/03/2007 08:45:00 PM  

Kevin--

Death is odd in how it affects those of us around it. When Grandfather Hubbard died, neither I nor Grandmother Hubbard reacted much at the time. Neither of us even cried at the funeral. But weeks later, we both had break downs. Sometimes emotions don't catch up to the events around us.

Recent Comments

Contact Me

eMail:
cyberkevinblogs@gmail.com

MSN:
cyberkevinblogs

Google Chat:
cyberkevin1
Powered By Blogger

Label Cloud

Followers

. . .

. . .

. . .


stats

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this blog are those of the author. The author’s opinions do not represent those of his employers. All original material is copyrighted and property of the author. If you use it at least have the decency to give me credit for it. Don’t steal it or I reserve the right to sue you to heck and back, or worse. Other info may have been copyrighted by someone else; the author believes that such work as is quoted here does not exceed reasonable “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the United States Copyright Law as I understand it. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Opinions in comments or trackbacks are not mine, so if you have a problem with those, sorry, I can’t help you. Comments on this blog become the sole property of the blog, and may be reused or quoted on the blog or in any other media. Anyone mentioned in relation to a crime is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Contact: writetokevinp@gmail.com. All e-mails are presumed to be for publication on the site unless I am specifically and politely told otherwise - if you’re rude I’ll publish them just to hack you off. All comments are subject to deletion or revision should the author find them offensive or just simply not like you. Trolling will not be tolerated.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP