God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen - Jars of Clay - listen now

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Obama Has Some 'Splainin To Do...

Via RightWingSparkle... Obama's first real problem: His pastor Rev. Wright
No matter how one feels about the race issues, Wright's preaching is a big turn off and quite frankly, nutty to those not in his camp.

Obama is trying to dismiss concerns saying "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

Well then, let's discuss what you don't agree with him on. Let's flesh it out. It's time to be honest.
Some facts: Obama joined Trinity because of the Rev. Wright. Obama has been a member of Trinity for over 20 years. In 2006 Obama donated over $22,000 to Trinity. The Rev. Wright married the Obama's, baptized their children, and Barack took the title of his book 'The Audacity of Hope' from one of Wright's sermons.

What the heck part of what goes on there doesn't Obama agree with? Do you think a GOP candidate who was a member of Jerry Falwell's church (Thomas Road Baptist) would be getting such a pass? What about a GOP candidate that donated $22K to the 700 Club just because they do good work? ("Oh, never mind Pat Robertson" they'd say, "he's just like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with.") Oh hell no they wouldn't be off the hook. CNN would be rioting in their news room. NPR would swoon. Democratic Underground would stroke out and MoveOn.org might actually have a bowel movement.

Look, I'm a proud Baptist and I know as a whole the denomination I belong too has views I do not agree with. However my particular church and my pastor were carefully chosen, and they too share my misgivings and disagreements with our denomination. I don't have to worry about renouncing my church or my pastor, as Obama has now renounced his. Why? Because I agree with them and wouldn't be a member there if I did not. Obama is trying to dance on the head of a pin already crowded with angels. I'm with commenter Jill over at RWS, there's a pattern that's becoming apparent:
Since hearing of the America hating Rev. Wright, it puts all the other head scratching things Obama and his wife have done in perspective:

Obama not doing the pledge of allegiance

Obama refusing to wear the flag lapel

Michelle saying she's finally proud of her country

Michelle saying America is a mean country.

These things all are forming a pattern, and from now on the excuse of "taking it out of context" won't work. And has anyone noticed Michelle's absence lately? I think she's being muzzled ala Theresa Heinz Kerry.

Plus Reverend Wright just retired last month? Had that been planned? Because the timing is veeery convenient.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to be experiencing buyers remorse in the next few weeks. This is why you don't just jump on the bandwagon of someone you don't know anything about. Choosing someone because they are an inspiring speaker isn't enough. Obama is starting to scare me, and it's pretty bad when next to him Hillary is actually looking patriotic.
It's slipped out in little ways throughout the campaign, but they are adding up as fast as an adjustable rate mortgage. I think people may see his renunciation as a little too late and little too disingenuous after such a long relationship. The teflon is starting to flake. B. Hussein Obama has some explaining to do.

0 comments:

Recent Comments

Contact Me

eMail:
cyberkevinblogs@gmail.com

MSN:
cyberkevinblogs

Google Chat:
cyberkevin1
Powered By Blogger

Label Cloud

Followers

. . .

. . .

. . .


stats

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this blog are those of the author. The author’s opinions do not represent those of his employers. All original material is copyrighted and property of the author. If you use it at least have the decency to give me credit for it. Don’t steal it or I reserve the right to sue you to heck and back, or worse. Other info may have been copyrighted by someone else; the author believes that such work as is quoted here does not exceed reasonable “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the United States Copyright Law as I understand it. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Opinions in comments or trackbacks are not mine, so if you have a problem with those, sorry, I can’t help you. Comments on this blog become the sole property of the blog, and may be reused or quoted on the blog or in any other media. Anyone mentioned in relation to a crime is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Contact: writetokevinp@gmail.com. All e-mails are presumed to be for publication on the site unless I am specifically and politely told otherwise - if you’re rude I’ll publish them just to hack you off. All comments are subject to deletion or revision should the author find them offensive or just simply not like you. Trolling will not be tolerated.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP