God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen - Jars of Clay - listen now

Thursday, November 6, 2008

America Has Spoken

[Note: This post contains elements from several comments I've left in various places over the past two days as well as parts from previous posts ... I wanted to put all my thoughts together in one piece. ~ KevinQC]

I sincerely wish Mr. Obama well. I strongly disagree with him politically but he is the President and he has my support. Support, but not blind devotion. Mr. Obama won. Now he has to lead. We’ll see how he does at that considering he never has before. I believe he will lead us in the wrong direction, and since I do care about my country I’ll be there every step of the way to tell him when he’s wrong and tell him if he’s right. A robust Loyal Opposition.

I hope the conservative movement - which is still alive and well - doesn’t take the low road that the unhinged left have been on for the last 8 years. For us it should not be about politics and power; but about love for our country and respect for the principles of freedom and liberty it was founded on.

As for McCain, I warned you when I decided to make a go of supporting him that I would say "I told you so." Well, I told you so. His political sun should be allowed to set. I lay the lion’s share of the blame for this loss on our choice of the wrong candidate. They say you have to dance with the one what brung ya… unfortunately our date had two left feet.

The conservative movement can learn from this defeat. Compromising our principles means loss. Watering down our message to appeal to “moderates” and “independents” is a recipe for failure. It’s time for those like McCain, Bill Kristol, Peggy Noonan, John Boehner, Lindsey Graham, Mitt Romney and other Republican politicians and pundits who believe the party’s future lies in that watered down version of conservatism to step aside. They’ve proven they can’t lead.

It’s time to shed the dead weight and focus on our future and the leaders who can bring us back to our foundation and principles. Though this isn’t an exhaustive list, the ones that spring to mind are Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, Sarah Palin of Alaska, Mark Sanford of South Carolina, and Thaddeus McCotter of Michigan. They are the future.

1 comments:

Anonymous 11/07/2008 03:35:00 PM  

I truly hope that Palin is not your future because she shouldn't be. There are much better suited leaders for the conservative movement but Palin shouldn't be on that list. Let her go back to Alaska and do what she's been doing best. Time to move up and move on.

Recent Comments

Contact Me

eMail:
cyberkevinblogs@gmail.com

MSN:
cyberkevinblogs

Google Chat:
cyberkevin1
Powered By Blogger

Label Cloud

Followers

. . .

. . .

. . .


stats

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this blog are those of the author. The author’s opinions do not represent those of his employers. All original material is copyrighted and property of the author. If you use it at least have the decency to give me credit for it. Don’t steal it or I reserve the right to sue you to heck and back, or worse. Other info may have been copyrighted by someone else; the author believes that such work as is quoted here does not exceed reasonable “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the United States Copyright Law as I understand it. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Opinions in comments or trackbacks are not mine, so if you have a problem with those, sorry, I can’t help you. Comments on this blog become the sole property of the blog, and may be reused or quoted on the blog or in any other media. Anyone mentioned in relation to a crime is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Contact: writetokevinp@gmail.com. All e-mails are presumed to be for publication on the site unless I am specifically and politely told otherwise - if you’re rude I’ll publish them just to hack you off. All comments are subject to deletion or revision should the author find them offensive or just simply not like you. Trolling will not be tolerated.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP