God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen - Jars of Clay - listen now

Friday, December 16, 2005

THE SKY BILL OF RIGHTS IS FALLING!

Not really. The NSA program to search for evidence of terrorist activity inside the U.S. was hardly a "secret" activity. If you read the story you'll find that Sen. Jay Rockefeller, vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, and other congressional leaders were briefed about the program, as was the judge in charge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, the court that deals with national security issues.

Also, they were only monitoring international telephone calls and international e-mail messages. If they wanted to expand the observation to include domestic communications, they asked for a warrant.

Not only that, but the program helped prevent attacks and save lives. It helped uncover a plot by Iyman Faris, an Ohio trucker and naturalized citizen who pleaded guilty in 2003 to supporting Al Qaeda by planning to bring down the Brooklyn Bridge with blowtorches, and stopped another Qaeda plot, involving fertilizer bomb attacks on British pubs and train stations.

The New York Times, in what to me is a seditious act, delayed this story for a year. Why? If they're so all fired outraged about this why wait to publish it? Ah yes, it does serve nicely to wipe the Iraqi elections success off the map and helped kill the Patriot Act. Two birds - one traitorous stone.

And this is what, the fourth major national security leak? Obviously someone very high up isn't what the appear to be. Me thinks we have a new Benedict Arnold lurking about.

5 comments:

Anonymous 12/16/2005 06:40:00 PM  

I was under the impression you were going to clarify the signifigance and intent of my statements you misrepresented on your site. I guess I was wrong.

“…they will actually speak in favor of criminal organizations.”

The above are your words speaking to how you incorrectly interpreted my statements.

You also state the following,

"Which you were doing, even though you didn’t intend to. I realize you view the gangs as a tool to use to reach those kids where they are. I just happen to think that’s more dangerous than helpful".

So you admit I didn't intend to do what you assumed I did, but yet you still will post on your site that I speak in favour of criminal organizations.

How about a little bit of transparent accuracy Kevin? Up until this discussion I did not pressume to know anything about you. Given my experience of the past day and a half, I know all I need to.

I would appreciate it if you make good on your assurance of publishing a retraction.

Anonymous 12/17/2005 01:45:00 PM  

It's do much better to explain the legitimate use of measures available in defending the country against terrorist activity as the President has than hypocratizing (sic) the failure to act as we witnessed in the 90's.

Anonymous 12/18/2005 12:08:00 AM  

Of course, any spin by the New York Times is taken as gospel.

Matty the Damned 12/18/2005 12:14:00 AM  

Dearest Kevin,

I know you've turned on comment moderation to exclude any views that are contrary to your own (something that Buckles and I proud of having forced you to do; we weren't suprised because you come across as spineless) - so I'm sending this message for your benefit.

I promised to write an article just for you over at the Spin Cycle. It's been done. Do check it out.

http://thespincycle.blogspot.com

Kisses,

MtD

Kevin 12/18/2005 09:30:00 PM  

Steve,

I apologized to Scott. I feel that is sufficient.

Kevin

Recent Comments

Contact Me

eMail:
cyberkevinblogs@gmail.com

MSN:
cyberkevinblogs

Google Chat:
cyberkevin1
Powered By Blogger

Label Cloud

Followers

. . .

. . .

. . .


stats

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this blog are those of the author. The author’s opinions do not represent those of his employers. All original material is copyrighted and property of the author. If you use it at least have the decency to give me credit for it. Don’t steal it or I reserve the right to sue you to heck and back, or worse. Other info may have been copyrighted by someone else; the author believes that such work as is quoted here does not exceed reasonable “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the United States Copyright Law as I understand it. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Opinions in comments or trackbacks are not mine, so if you have a problem with those, sorry, I can’t help you. Comments on this blog become the sole property of the blog, and may be reused or quoted on the blog or in any other media. Anyone mentioned in relation to a crime is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Contact: writetokevinp@gmail.com. All e-mails are presumed to be for publication on the site unless I am specifically and politely told otherwise - if you’re rude I’ll publish them just to hack you off. All comments are subject to deletion or revision should the author find them offensive or just simply not like you. Trolling will not be tolerated.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP