God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen - Jars of Clay - listen now

Monday, May 29, 2006

Lake House Redux

Okay - so I totally got suckered into going up to J. & C.'s again for the day. I know, I know - I whined about not enjoying it yesterday, at least while I was there, but it was good to get out of the house and out of Atlanta, even if it was only for a few hours.

I'm going back for three reasons.

One, my mind is in overdrive right now trying to figure out a few things and if I don't distract myself I'm going to end up even more nutz. Believe me I'm nutty enough already and I have references to back it up.

Two, I'm going up for J. He's my ex from the longest relationship I've had and he will always be my best friend. C's family is up there this weekend and there are so many of them it's overwhelming to say the least. Especially for someone like J. who comes from a small family that frankly isn't that close. I think he gets a little lonely among all those other people and I feel like having me there makes him feel like he has family over too. Is that silly? Maybe I'm assuming too much about what he feels. It's just an inkling.

Three, (now keep this one very quiet) Virginia needs a B-A-T-H and it's much easier to give her one up there than at my condo. By the way, if you ever want to hone up your wrestling skills feel free to come on down and take a turn giving her a B-A-T-H. Yes, I spell it because she actually knows the word.

So off I go in just a bit - the reluctant voyager. I'll see y'all this evening.

* * * * * U P D A T E * * * * *

Lunch is at 1pm. Since C.'s brothers are in charge of preparing it, we'll eat right on schedule at 8pm.

* * * * * U P D A T E 2* * * * *

Yeah, I had fun dammit. But don't make a big deal about it. J. had the nerve to disable my access to their computer so I'd "have to actually talk to people and have fun." I guess I did need the distraction.

Emma, J. and C.'s five year old neice, usually calls me Mister Kevin. Today for some reason she kept calling me "Uncle" Kevin and would then correct herself to "Mister." I told her she could call me Uncle Kevin if she wanted too but she just sort of tilted her head to one side and said "nah, you're Mister Kevin and I like that better." I'm taking that as a compliment.

3 comments:

Anonymous 5/29/2006 02:18:00 PM  

Seems to me if you enjoy splashing around in the water, as I do -- and as did my own late pupper -- you and V. should have a great time at the lake.

Plus you're just as kind-hearted a guy as we all figured, showing up to lend a hand to J. Someday maybe you'll write about what went wrong there.

W

JohnAGJ 5/29/2006 05:34:00 PM  

Have a good time, Kevin. I myself had a great day with some important men in my life. ;-)

JohnAGJ 5/29/2006 08:15:00 PM  

LOL! Poor baby, no internet access. Those infidels! ;-)

Recent Comments

Contact Me

eMail:
cyberkevinblogs@gmail.com

MSN:
cyberkevinblogs

Google Chat:
cyberkevin1
Powered By Blogger

Label Cloud

Followers

. . .

. . .

. . .


stats

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this blog are those of the author. The author’s opinions do not represent those of his employers. All original material is copyrighted and property of the author. If you use it at least have the decency to give me credit for it. Don’t steal it or I reserve the right to sue you to heck and back, or worse. Other info may have been copyrighted by someone else; the author believes that such work as is quoted here does not exceed reasonable “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the United States Copyright Law as I understand it. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Opinions in comments or trackbacks are not mine, so if you have a problem with those, sorry, I can’t help you. Comments on this blog become the sole property of the blog, and may be reused or quoted on the blog or in any other media. Anyone mentioned in relation to a crime is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Contact: writetokevinp@gmail.com. All e-mails are presumed to be for publication on the site unless I am specifically and politely told otherwise - if you’re rude I’ll publish them just to hack you off. All comments are subject to deletion or revision should the author find them offensive or just simply not like you. Trolling will not be tolerated.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP