God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen - Jars of Clay - listen now

Thursday, May 15, 2008

McCain Is Full Of Shit

I warned you, I warned you, I warned you! Guess what? I was right. McCain delivered a "fuck off and die" speech to conservatives today.
Border state governors have certified and the American people recognize that after tremendous improvements to border security infrastructure and increases in the border patrol, and vigorous prosecution of companies that employ illegal aliens, our southern border is now secure. Illegal immigrants who broke our laws after they came here have been arrested and deported. Illegal immigration has been finally brought under control, and the American people accepted the practical necessity to institute a temporary worker program and deal humanely with the millions of immigrants who have been in this country illegally.
What does that mean folks? It means that he's going to shove his amnesty scheme down your throats and you're damn well gonna swallow it this time.
I am well aware I cannot make any of these changes alone. The powers of the presidency are rightly checked by the other branches of government, and I will not attempt to acquire powers our founders saw fit to grant Congress. I will exercise my veto if I believe legislation passed by Congress is not in the nation's best interests, but I will not subvert the purpose of legislation I have signed by making statements that indicate I will enforce only the parts of it I like. I will respect the responsibilities the Constitution and the American people have granted Congress, and will, as I often have in the past, work with anyone of either party to get things done for our country. [...]

I will seek the counsel of members of Congress from both parties in forming government policy before I ask them to support it. I will ask Democrats to serve in my administration.
And what does that mean? It means he's going to do whatever it takes to get what he wants, even if it means selling out conservatives and conservative principles. If he has to walk, talk, and write legislation like a Democrat to get his way then so be it; and you'll damn well like it and kiss his "maverick" ass for it.

Get it? Senator F. U. doesn't care about you. Never has. The GOP was a means to an end for him to get his way and live out his "Teddy Roosevelt" fantasy. I've told you that McCain would put a knife in our backs and he's moving ahead of schedule. If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath for those Scalia/Thomas/Robertson Supreme Court clones.

Michelle Malkin calls McCain's vision a "fantasyland."

Russ from Winterset over at Ace of Spades asks: Senator McCain, just one question before you go: ARE YOU ON CRACK?

0 comments:

Recent Comments

Contact Me

eMail:
cyberkevinblogs@gmail.com

MSN:
cyberkevinblogs

Google Chat:
cyberkevin1
Powered By Blogger

Label Cloud

Followers

. . .

. . .

. . .


stats

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this blog are those of the author. The author’s opinions do not represent those of his employers. All original material is copyrighted and property of the author. If you use it at least have the decency to give me credit for it. Don’t steal it or I reserve the right to sue you to heck and back, or worse. Other info may have been copyrighted by someone else; the author believes that such work as is quoted here does not exceed reasonable “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the United States Copyright Law as I understand it. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Opinions in comments or trackbacks are not mine, so if you have a problem with those, sorry, I can’t help you. Comments on this blog become the sole property of the blog, and may be reused or quoted on the blog or in any other media. Anyone mentioned in relation to a crime is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Contact: writetokevinp@gmail.com. All e-mails are presumed to be for publication on the site unless I am specifically and politely told otherwise - if you’re rude I’ll publish them just to hack you off. All comments are subject to deletion or revision should the author find them offensive or just simply not like you. Trolling will not be tolerated.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP