God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen - Jars of Clay - listen now

Friday, May 16, 2008

Ouchie! The RNCC Get's A Talking To

I don't think this is quite the reaction the National Republican Congressional Committee was hoping for when they posted this little "feel good" agenda ditty:
Republican Solutions and a Positive Agenda

Posted By: Tom Cole, May 16, 2008 - 9:52 AM

Families today face challenges that yesterday's laws simply don't address. We need to fix government, and one solution is to update our laws so they provide America's families with more freedom in their jobs; greater healthcare and retirement security; safer communities; access to quality, affordable education; and the ability for future generations to compete in the global economy.

This week, my colleagues in the Republican Conference announced the American Families Agenda, spearheaded by my colleague, Congresswoman Kay Granger of Texas. This new agenda concentrates on the bread and butter issues facing every American. And it recognizes that today, more and more families struggle with balancing work, children and caring for elderly parents. Over the coming weeks, Republicans will be promoting new ideas that give people more personal freedom and lessen the burden of government.

From young people just starting out and looking for affordable college, to working parents who want more freedom in the workplace, to seniors who would benefit from greater flexibility with their health care and prescription drug benefits, the American Families Agenda provides commonsense solutions that modernize our laws and give people greater liberty.

I look forward to sharing more about Republican solutions and a positive agenda in the weeks to come.
And the voters said:
Republicians think the way to Win is to Out "Liberal" the Liberals! McCain will be defeated by his views and disregard of Values. Obama will win. If we put up with Jimmy Carter for 4 years....Let Obama and the Dem's take all the Credit for DESTRUCTION that will follow.I will either not vote or vote for Ron Paul. NO McCain. ~ Posted: Greatdanes on May 16, 2008 at 1:07 PM

PLEASE....you are kidding??!! John McCain is the republican candidate for President. So, which LIBERAL should I vote for. Let's see OBAMA(Marxist), CLINTON(Marxist), MCCAIN(Open border/amnesty liberal). I have changed my party affiliation to independent. I will not vote for anyone who says one thing during the primary and when they think they have the nomination locked up, tell how they truly feel. John McCain "DIDN'T GET IT" after-all.

So if the RNCC is going to support this liberal RINO, then you and are at odds from here on out. No more money, no more support. ~ Posted: Terry on May 16, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Your message sounds like more big government. I am conservative and want a conservative message. I want to support conservative candidates. The three congressional seats that the democrats just won were won by democrats that had a conservative message. Republicans have lost their way. The party has gone back to the good old boy party of elite country club moderates. That is not the way to win elections or raise money. I will certainly read your e-mails but will not support any candidate that does not espouse a conservtive agenda. I hope the party will adopt that philosophy and then carry through. ~ Posted: Lynda Shackelford on May 16, 2008 at 1:22 PM

What ever happened to "less government and more individual responsibility", Mr. Cole? You sound like a doggone Democrat to me and my family and my friends.

There is no way under the sun that I will vote for Senator McCain regardless of who is put on the ticket with him. No way. Period!

I am disappointed with the TOTAL lack of genuine conservative leadership on the part of you and others heading up the Republican party. I will either stay home, or write in Ron Paul - if that's possible. ~ Posted: Don Hall on May 16, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I think from the mostly hostile comments in this blog, you should get the message of "too little, too late".

I don't know that the GOP "leadership" needs "new" ideas, but just needs to articulate the conservative principles clearly, loudly and often. Tell the american people WHAT we stand for, and WHY. I can't believe that most americans truely want to (for example) pull out of Iraq, if they really knew what would be the likely adverse consequences.

The GOP "leadership" in congress and the white house both have been very poor spokes people for true conservative ideas.

Oh, and you then have to stand up for what you believe and stick to it. ~ Posted: Jim Deiner on May 16, 2008 at 1:40 PM

So let me get this straight - I have a choice between McCain or Hillary or Obama? Did I just say I have a choice? I think I just had a 52 yr-old brain cramp. I do not vote for RINOs. None of these 3 are qualified to run this country. If the Repubs are not different than the Demoncrats then what is the use? We speak with our votes - we vote for someone else. Vote for a spoiler? No, we vote our conscience. If the MSM or the NRCC want to consider them a spoiler - so be it. Get a clue already!. Abandoning conservatism means no money, no support, no vote from me. ~ Posted: PEPPER on May 16, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I'm 90% positive that I will not vote for McCain in November; but, like some others posting here, Bob Barr and the Libertarians are looking better everyday.

The only way to guarantee my vote for a Republican presidential candidate is for you to get McCain off the ticket. Is that even still possible? If not, it's good bye Republican Party, hello Libertarians.

Sure, the Libertarians are a little out there on some issues, but they aren't shy about promoting their principles. But you know, my differences with the Libertarians are more palatable than my differences with McCain. ~ Posted: Greg Surprenant on May 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Maverick: An unbranded range animal, especially a calf that has become separated from its mother, traditionally considered the property of the first person who brands it.

How fitting. ~ Posted: on May 16, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Yoo hoo! Are you listening GOP? Nah, probably not...

0 comments:

Recent Comments

Contact Me

eMail:
cyberkevinblogs@gmail.com

MSN:
cyberkevinblogs

Google Chat:
cyberkevin1
Powered By Blogger

Label Cloud

Followers

. . .

. . .

. . .


stats

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this blog are those of the author. The author’s opinions do not represent those of his employers. All original material is copyrighted and property of the author. If you use it at least have the decency to give me credit for it. Don’t steal it or I reserve the right to sue you to heck and back, or worse. Other info may have been copyrighted by someone else; the author believes that such work as is quoted here does not exceed reasonable “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the United States Copyright Law as I understand it. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Opinions in comments or trackbacks are not mine, so if you have a problem with those, sorry, I can’t help you. Comments on this blog become the sole property of the blog, and may be reused or quoted on the blog or in any other media. Anyone mentioned in relation to a crime is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Contact: writetokevinp@gmail.com. All e-mails are presumed to be for publication on the site unless I am specifically and politely told otherwise - if you’re rude I’ll publish them just to hack you off. All comments are subject to deletion or revision should the author find them offensive or just simply not like you. Trolling will not be tolerated.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP